Governance, Board Succession & Remuneration Committee Meeting Minutes

11 October 2013 – 10.00am

Present:
Cheryl Langdon-Orr (Chair), Julie Hammer, Chris Disspain, Joe Manariti, Graham McDonald, Jo Lim, Paul Szyndler, Jacki O’Sullivan (Minutes)

Apologies:
Paul Levins


1. Agenda
The circulated agenda was accepted with an addition of an item in Other Business.

2. Previous Minutes
The Committee noted the 8 August 2013 minutes which had been Committee and Board approved via email and published.

3. Matters arising
The completed action items from the last meeting were noted.  The following action items were updated:

  • CD/PS/PL – prepare draft document/AoC to DBCDE, including a schedule of things auDA already does, Alston’s original letter and more history information.  Ongoing item.
  • CD/PL/PS - commence work on a suitable framework document once a response received from DBCDE (keep as an on-going action item).  Ongoing item.

4.  Review of Outstanding Action Items
Government Relations ‘protocols’:

  • Paul Szyndler gave a summary update of the protocols work which is still in progress.  The Department have advised they anticipate a delay due to the new Government and Minister currently focussing on the NBN however work is progressing at a steady pace and there will be a session at the auIGF.  A further status update will be provided at the next Committee meeting.

Communications Strategy:

  • The CEO advised the Communications Plan had been largely finalised and the draft would be ready for circulation shortly.  The Committee agreed it would review the draft via email and would then close this item off by the Committee and pass the draft to the auDA Board for review and next steps.

5.   Strategic Risk Committee Chair – update on document repository status

  • The Risk Committee Chair advised that the Risk Committee is discussing options for a document repository and circulation of confidential documents and will prepare a formal recommendation and propose to the Board for their approval. 
  • The Committee agreed there would be no further update at the next meeting and further information would be supplied after the December Risk meeting.

6.  New Business/Updates
There were no new business items raised by Committee members.

7.  Any Other Business
There was no other business.

8.  Action Items

  • Comms Plan – JOS change to Board in actions list.
  • JOS – Update next Agenda for Doc Repository item: ‘Further info will be supplied after Dec Risk Meeting’.
  • CD/PS/PL – prepare draft document/AoC to DBCDE, including a schedule of things auDA already does, Alston’s original letter and more history information.  Ongoing item.
  • CD/PL/PS - commence work on a suitable framework document once a response received from DBCDE (keep as an on-going action item).  Ongoing item.

9. Next Meeting

  • The next meeting will be held on Thursday 28 November 2013 at 10.00am via teleconference.