Board Minutes - 15 December 2008
Meeting of the .au Domain Administration Board
15 December 2008 - 2.00pm
Maddocks. Level 7, 140 William Street. Melbourne VIC 3000
Tony Staley (Chair), Chris Disspain, Marty Drill, Julie Hammer, Kim Heitman, Amin Kroll, Graham McDonald, Josh Rowe, Tony Steven, Cheryl Langdon-Orr, Dwayne Varey and Alex Woerndle
Peter Nettlefold (DBCDE), Jen Watson (DBCDE) and Ivar Nell (DBCDE)
Craig Ng (Maddocks), John Higgins, Elspeth Ross and Jacki O’Sullivan (Minutes)
1. Welcome to new Director
T Staley welcomed D Varey to the board, following election at the AGM in October.
2. Continuous Disclosure
There were no matters to be disclosed.
3. Confirmation of Minutes
The minutes of the 20 October 2008 board meeting were confirmed.
4. Finance Report
The board noted the November accounts.
5. CEO Report
· The AusRegistry RLA was reviewed and it was agreed to continue along lines as proposed.
· Craig Ng updated the board on the status of the current legal matter with Domain Directors. The Board agreed auDA process was followed correctly.
6. Policy Development
The Complaints Committee Dispute Resolution draft ToR document was reviewed and recommendations discussed and agreed.
Action: CD & CN to agree next steps & discuss with GMcD, bring to February board meeting for final approval.
The Chairman thanked the committee for their work in developing the Dispute Resolution ToR.
7. auCD Report
The board noted the report.
8. auDA Foundation
Criteria for auDA Foundation grants will be reviewed prior to the 2009 funding round.
9. Membership Applications
The membership applications below were approved in the classes indicated:
· Anthony Towns (Demand)
· OZsmeBusiness (Supply)
· Robin Frousheger (Demand)
· Phillip Kingston (Demand)
· Adrian Stephan (Demand)
· Michael Gilmour (Demand)
· Bottle Domains (Supply)
· Domain Directors Pty Ltd (Supply)
Several membership applications were held in abeyance until the 16 February 2009 board meeting pending legal advice.
10. Board Correspondence
There was no board correspondence.
11. Other Business
- Amin Kroll reported on his attendance at the ICANN meeting in Cairo. He particularly noted Australia’s presence and respect held for the CEO within the ICANN community.
- The next ICANN meeting is scheduled 1-6 March 2009 in Mexico with board members attending being Graham McDonald and Marty Drill.
- The ICANN Meeting for June 2009 will be held in Sydney. auDA will be contributing as part of the host committee together with AusRegistry. All board members are welcome to attend.
· The Chairman thanked Peter Nettlefold, Jen Watson and Ivar Nell for their attendance via teleconference at this meeting.
12. 2009 Meeting Schedule
16 February 2009
20 April 2009
15 June 2009
17 August 2009
19 October 2009 (and AGM)
14 December 2009
Meetings will start at 11am. Meetings will be held in Melbourne, except for the October meeting and AGM.