Board Minutes - 12 December 2011
Meeting of the .au Domain Administration Board
17 October 2011 - 10.00am
Maddocks. Level 7, 140 William Street. Melbourne VIC 3000
Tony Staley (Chair), Kim Heitman, Chris Disspain, Julie Hammer, Graham McDonald, Josh Rowe, Marty Drill, Cheryl Langdon-Orr, Amin Kroll, George Pongas, Dwayne Varey, Rosemary Sinclair
Keith Besgrove (DBCDE), Robert Gregory (Maddocks), John Higgins (NexiaASR), Richard Westlake (Westlake Consulting – Items 2-8), Vaughan Renner (Westlake Consulting – Items 2-8), Jo Lim (auDA), Jacki O’Sullivan (auDA-Minutes)
- Continuous Disclosure
There were no matters to be disclosed.
- Confirmation of August 2011 Minutes
The minutes of the 15 August 2011 Board meeting were confirmed.
- Finance Report
• The Board noted the September 2011 accounts.
- CEO Report
• The CEO report was noted.
• It was suggested that future quarterly complaints reports include trend graphs.
• The board noted the recent auDA newspaper and radio advertisements. It was suggested that the advertisements be extended to FM & Community radio with a youth targeted version. The advertisement outcomes will be reviewed at the end of November 2011 and next steps formulated.
- .au Governance Review
• The Westlake .au Governance Review Report & Recommendations were reviewed and summarised by Richard Westlake and Vaughan Renner of Westlake Consulting. The purpose of the discussion at this meeting was to seek additional Board input before finalising the report. The final report will be presented to the Board at the December 2012 meeting.
• The draft DNSSEC implementation plan and indicative timetable report including red-line amendments was reviewed.
Motion (proposed T Staley, seconded M Drill).
The Board agreed and accepted the DNSSEC Implementation Plan and Indicative Timetable Report and amendments.
- Directors Deed of Confidentiality
• A summary was given by Rob Gregory as to best practice of implementing the Directors Deed of Confidentiality. It was suggested the Deed of Confidentiality be signed by all Directors as soon as possible with auDA staff to coordinate distribution and signing of the Deed of Confidentiality.
Motion (proposed T Staley, seconded K Heitman).
That the Board agreed to put in place the Directors Deed of Confidentiality to be signed by all Directors.
The following membership applications were approved in the classes indicated:
Name of Applicant Class Jia Ge Demand Jonathan Hyne Demand Sean Fogarty Demand Lion Global Pty Ltd Demand
- Board Correspondence
• The Board received a letter from Mallesons on behalf of their client Domain Directors regarding patent of an electronic reminder system in the USA. Maddocks are awaiting further information from Mallesons and will keep the Board informed of any updates.
- Other Business
• The Chair thanked Amin Kroll (retiring Director) for his four years of service on the Board.
• Remuneration Committee: Kim Heitman advised the Board the Remuneration Committee had met & circulated via email to Board members the report with recommendations regarding the CEO Remuneration review. It was also recommended that KPI’s be discussed at the upcoming Board Retreat.
The Board agreed to accept the Remuneration Committee’s report and authorised the Chair to sign the renewed contract on behalf of the Board.
• Keith Besgrove (DBCDE) advised of a review of ccTLDs for Australian External Territories. auDA offered assistance to DBCDE. Keith Besgrove asked for any feedback received by auDA in relation to the ccTLDs in question to be sent to DBCDE for inclusion in the review.
- Next Meeting
The next board meeting will be held on Monday 12 December 2010 at 2.00pm followed by the auDA Board/Staff/Members Christmas Drinks Function.