Use the form below to lodge a formal complaint about a .au domain name.
Complaints regarding a domain name may include:
- If you think the registrant is not eligible to hold their domain name under the Domain Name Eligibility and Allocation Policy Rules for the Open 2LDs;
- Breaches of the Prohibition on Misspellings Policy.
Complaints about out of date business information associated with a .au domain name must be made with the registrar of record first. Please refer to the Complaints (Registrant Eligibility) Policy for details.
auDA does not handle Trade Mark complaints, please refer to the .au Dispute Resolution Policy page for information about the domain name arbitration process.
- Only complaints with valid contact details can be accepted.
- auDA will acknowledge receipt of your complaint within 5-10 business days and aims to resolve complaints within 30 days.
- If a complaint is upheld it will not result in the name being transferred to the complainant.
See auDA’s complaints policy for more information.