Submit a Complaint
One of auDA's roles is to handle complaints about .au domain names ("domain complaints") and .au registrars and resellers ("industry complaints').
Please refer to auDA's Complaints Policy for information about auDA's jurisdiction to handle complaints, and the complaints management process.
To help ensure your formal complaint is dealt with efficiently, please select from the following two options:
Complaints regarding a domain name may include:
- if you think the registrant is not eligible to hold their domain name under the Domain Name Eligibility and Allocation Policy Rules for the Open 2LDs
- breaches of the Prohibition on Misspellings Policy.
Please note the following:
- depending on the current volume of complaints, it may take 5-10 business days before your complaint is acknowledged as being accepted or rejected
- a successful eligibility complaint will not result in the handover of the domain name to you, the domain name is deleted
- complaints about out of date business information associated with a .au domain name must be made with the registrar of record first. Please refer to the Complaints (Registrant Eligibility) Policy for information about the process. auDA will only handle escalations and will require proof from the complainant that initial contact had been made with the registrar of record first
- Trade mark complaints are not handled by this office, please refer to the .au Dispute Resolution Policy page for information about the domain name arbitration process.
More information about lodging a domain complaint can be found in the blog piece "How Do I Lodge a Domain Complaint with auDA?"
If you would like to lodge a formal complaint regarding a registrar or reseller, please click here.
Complaints regarding a registrar or reseller may include:
- if you are having trouble retrieving your domain name password
- if a registrar or reseller has entered their own contact details for your domain name
- breaches of the .au Domain Name Supplier Code of Practice
- depending on the current volume of complaints, it may take 5-10 business days before your complaint is acknowledged as being accepted or rejected.