Information Security Standard (ISS)
The auDA Information Security Standard (ISS) for Accredited Registrars (2013-03) came into effect on 17 October 2013. To date, the following accredited registrars have achieved certification:
- Ziphosting Pty Ltd
- Domain Central Australia Pty Ltd
- InterNetX GmbH
- GoDaddy.com LLC trading as GoDaddy.com
- Net Logistics Pty Ltd
- Connect West Pty Ltd
- NetNames Pty Ltd
- Web Address Registration Pty Ltd
- Domain Shield Pty Ltd
- TPP Domains Pty Ltd trading as TPP Internet
- MarkMonitor Corporate Services Inc
- Synergy Wholesale Pty Ltd
- NetAlliance Pty Ltd trading as Netfleet.com.au
- UniRegistrar Corporation
- Public Domain Registry Pty Ltd
- Zuver Pty Ltd
- Corporation Service Company (Aust) Pty Ltd
- Micron21 Data Centre Pty Ltd
- Westnet Pty Ltd
- Netregistry Pty Ltd
- TPP Wholesale Pty Ltd
- Melbourne IT Ltd
- Terrific.com.au Pty Ltd
- Fabulous.com.au Pty Ltd
- Discount Domain Name Services Pty Ltd
- Netalliance Domain No 1 Pty Ltd
- Information Brokers Pty Ltd
- Safenames Ltd
- Domain Name Registrar (Australia) Pty Ltd trading as Domain Registration Services
- Domain Directors Pty Ltd trading as Instra
- VentraIP Australia Pty Ltd
- GoHosting Pty Ltd
- DROP.com.au Pty Ltd
- Wild West Domains LLC
- Cheaper Domains Pty Ltd
- Enetica Pty Ltd
- Yexa.com.au Pty Ltd
- Planet Domain Pty Ltd
The ISS forms part of auDA’s Registrar Accreditation Criteria (2013-04) and compliance is mandatory for all auDA accredited registrars.
Whilst auDA is not a registrar, from time to time auDA is required to perform caretaker registrar services. auDA has been independently audited and has been found to be ISS compliant.
The ISS was developed in consultation with registrars and other industry participants through the 2012 Industry Advisory Panel, and was approved by the auDA Board in February 2013.
Existing registrars at 17 October 2013 must achieve ISS compliance within 24 months of the commencement date.
New applicants for registrar accreditation must achieve ISS compliance as part of the provisional accreditation process.
For more information about the ISS, please contact us.
auDA held an ISS Workshop for registrars on 17 October 2013.
"ISS Overview" - Powerpoint presentation by Jo Lim, Chief Operations and Policy Officer, auDA
"ISS Assessment Process" - Powerpoint presentation by Kelvin Heath, Chief Security Officer, Vectra (see video below)
"Achieving ISS" - Powerpoint presentation by Mark Culhane, Information Security Officer, AusRegistry (see video below)