Why become an Associate Member?
auDA is the administrator of the .au country code Top Level Domain, the .au name space that identifies to the world that we are Australian.
.au is for all Australians and it’s important we get input from a diverse range of voices on how it operates.
With your support and input, auDA can continue to provide independent management to our country’s identifying domain and keep the .au domain a safe, accessible, trusted, and Australian asset for all Internet users.
Exclusive member benefits
Enjoy all these exclusive benefits and more for free as an auDA Associate Member:
- a voice in the future of the .au ccTLD
- business and industry networking opportunities
- updates on industry research, trends and issues in Australia’s digital landscape
- the ability to vote for Elected Directors
Who can be an Associate Member?
Anybody who is eligible to hold any .au domain name is eligible to be an Associate Member. See the current eligibility criteria for the open namespaces here.
If you’re applying as an individual you must be
- 18 years or older, and
- an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
Applicants applying as organisations must be:
- eligible to hold either an asn.au, com.au, id.au, net.au, org.au, .gov.au or .edu.au domain name.
- NOT a related Body Corporate of another existing Associate Member.
Associate Membership is covered by Schedule 1 of the auDA constitution.
You’re an auDA Associate Member – what next?
After you complete the online registration form, you’ll receive an email from auDA confirming the success of your Associate Membership, then you can start making the most of your membership.
You’ll receive regular updates from auDA and be kept inform on any newsworthy items, upcoming opportunities to get involved in having your say and vote in a ballot on candidates for election as Elected Directors.
If you have any questions or need to update your details, simply send your requests through the general enquiry form.