Call for nominations for election to auDA Board
The election will take place at auDA's Annual General Meeting, to be held on Tuesday 15 October 2013 in Melbourne.
The AGM will elect four Directors to the Board, to replace the Directors who must retire from the Board in accordance with auDA's Constitution (see below). The Directors elected will serve for a term of two years.
The vacancies that will become available are:
- two (2) Directors elected only by the Supply Class Members
- two (2) Directors elected only by the Demand Class Members
Retiring Directors may re-contest these vacancies.
People intending to stand for election to the Board should note that their signed nominations must be received by 5pm AEDT, Tuesday 10 September 2013. Late nominations will not be accepted.
Membership of auDA is not strictly necessary for nominees seeking to become Directors, but candidates must be nominated and seconded by current financial auDA members in accordance with clause 19.4 of auDA’s Constitution. Candidates who themselves comply with clause 19.4 may nominate or second themselves.
Instructions for standing for election to the auDA Board
- Complete the nomination form. Make sure you sign it and get signatures from your proposer and seconder, both of whom must be current financial auDA members.
- Fax the form to auDA on 03 8341 4112 by 5pm AEDT, Tuesday 10 September 2013. Late nominations will not be accepted.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
auDA 2013 AGM - Directors retiring by rotation
Paul Levins (Demand)
George Pongas (Supply
Joshua Rowe (Demand)
Kartic Srinivasan (Supply)
Information for prospective candidates
Fees and expenses
The auDA Board meets six times a year, usually in Melbourne. Elected Directors receive a fee of $750.00 per meeting attended (in person or by teleconference), in addition to reimbursement of travel expenses.
Directors generally serve on at least one Board committee:
1. Finance and Audit
2. Governance, Board Succession & Remuneration
3. Strategic Risk
On election, Directors are required to sign the following documents: