Call for nominations for election to auDA Board
The election will take place at auDA's Annual General Meeting, to be held on Monday 12 November 2012 in Sydney.
The AGM will elect four Directors to the Board, to replace the Directors who must retire from the Board in accordance with auDA's Constitution (see below). The Directors elected will serve for a term of two years.
The vacancies that will become available are:
- two (2) Directors elected only by the Supply Class Members
- two (2) Directors elected only by the Demand Class Members
Retiring Directors may re-contest these vacancies.
People intending to stand for election to the Board should note that their signed nominations must be received by 5pm AEDST, Monday 8 October 2012. Late nominations will not be accepted.
Membership of auDA is not strictly necessary for nominees seeking to become Directors, but candidates must be nominated and seconded by current financial auDA members in accordance with clause 19.4 of auDA’s Constitution. Candidates who themselves comply with clause 19.4 may nominate or second themselves.
Instructions for standing for election to the auDA Board
- Complete the nomination form. Make sure you sign it and get signatures from your proposer and seconder, both of whom must be current financial auDA members.
- Fax the form to auDA on 03 8341 4112 by 5pm AEDST, Monday 8 October 2012. Late nominations will not be accepted.
For more information, contact email@example.com .
auDA 2012 AGM - Directors retiring by rotation
Marty Drill (Supply)
Kim Heitman (Demand)
Cheryl Langdon-Orr (Demand)
Dwayne Varey (Supply)
Information for prospective candidates
Fees and expenses
The auDA Board meets six times a year, usually in Melbourne. Elected Directors receive a fee of $750.00 per meeting attended (in person or by teleconference), in addition to reimbursement of travel expenses.
Directors generally serve on at least one Board committee:
1. Finance and Audit
2. Governance, Board Succession & Remuneration
3. Strategic Risk
On election, Directors are required to sign the following documents: