Generic Domain Name Auction Update 04/03/02
- Applications for generic names closed at 5.00pm (AEST) on Thursday 31 January 2002. No more applications are being accepted.
- auDA received 9,900 generic name applications, all of which must be manually assessed to ensure that applicants are eligible under the policy rules. All applicants will be notified as soon as possible. Please do not telephone or email auDA or Stuff requesting an update on timing or the status of your application.
- Names for which there was only one applicant have now been processed. auDA will send notification to those applicants by 08/03/02.
- Names for which there was more than one applicant are currently being processed. We expect to begin auctioning these names at the end of March.
- 40 geographic names were mistakenly included on the list and have now been withdrawn. Applicants for these names have been notified.
- If you applied for a name and have not heard from auDA by 08/03/02, then you should assume that you are one of multiple applicants for the name. You will be contacted as soon as all applications for that name have been assessed.
- If you are unclear about how the process works click here.