Generic Domain Names Auction Update
Melbourne, 16 January 2002:
- To date auDA has received over 3,600 applications for names on the generic name list.
- Of the 3000 names on the list, to date, over 1,360 have been applied for.
- The closing date for applications is 5.00pm (AEST) on 31 January 2002 .
- Given the volume of applications, auDA does not anticipate contacting applicants until the end of February at the earliest.
- The generic domain name internet.com.au has been added to the list. The name was not on the original generic name list as an applicant for the name who had been rejected had referred the matter to arbitration. The matter has now been withdrawn from the arbitration proceedings and so 'internet.com.au' has now been added to the list and is available for application by eligible parties through http://www.stuff.com.au/auda.asp.
- The names canberra.com.au, cairns.com.au and speed.com.au have been removed from the list because they are geographic and thus not available. Those who applied for these names prior to their removal will be individually informed that the names are not available.
- The names email.com.au and airshows.com.au have been removed from the list because they have already been issued and are thus not available. Those who applied for these names prior to their removal will be individually informed that the names are not available.
For media contact:
Chief Executive Officer
tel: 03 9349 4711