auDA is the top-level domain administrator for the .au zone and with your help, we can ensure the .au name space continues to be a safe, fair and secure digital landscape for all Australian internet users.
Associate membership is free and open to anyone who has a connection to Australia and interested in the policy framework and infrastructure for the .au name space.
It is a single class model to allow any individual, corporate or institution (legal person) to become an auDA associate member with equal weighting.
Why become an Associate Member?
Enjoy all these exclusive benefits and more for free as an auDA Associate Member:
- the right to vote for auDA Elected Directors and opportunity to stand as an Elected Director
- a chance to attend international conferences by application to the General Advisory Standing Committee
- free access to LinkedIn Learning for one year
- a voice in the future of the .au name space
- business and industry networking opportunities
the latest news on industry research, trends and issues in Australia’s digital landscape
Who is eligible for Associate Membership?
The eligibility criteria for applicants applying as an individual are as follows:
- must be 18 years or older.
- Australian citizen or permanent resident.
The eligibility criteria for applicants applying as an organisation are as follows:
- must be eligible to hold either a .com.au, .net.au, .org.au, .gov.au, .edu.au or .asn.au domain name. The eligibility information for these names spaces is available here
- the applicant is NOT a related Body Corporate of another existing Associate Member.
How does the membership application process work?
After you lodge the online registration form, you’ll receive an email notification that we’ve received your application. auDA will confirm the success of your Associate Membership application within a few business days, then you can start making the most of your auDA benefits.
How do I update my details?
Send your change of details through the General Enquiry Form
How do I cancel my associate membership?
Send your request through the General Enquiry Form. auDA requires members to give written notice to the Board to cancel Associate Membership.
Where can I find more membership details under the new constitution?
Check out Schedule 1 of the auDA constitution which covers Associate Members.
What happened to Supply/Demand auDA members?
When the new constitution was adopted in September 2018, the Demand and Supply classes of membership under the previous constitution were abolished, and members in both classes ceased to be auDA members. This change to auDA’s membership structure was a recommendation of the Federal Government in its review of auDA. You can read about the changes here.