Why become a .au member?
The .au is for all Australians and therefore it's important we get input from a diverse range of stakeholders on how this important digital environment operates.
With your support and input, auDA will continue to provide independent management of the .au and keep it a secure, accessible, trusted and Australian asset for all Internet users.
Exclusive member benefits
- A voice in the future of the .au domain
- Invitations to business and industry networking events featuring industry leaders and stakeholders
- Special offers from auDA affiliate partners
- Regular updates on industry research, trends and new developments in Australia’s digital landscape via our member newsletter
- Early updates on auDA initiatives including the launch of new namespaces and the auDA Community Grant program.
- The opportunity to participate in auDA board elections and vote on important matters at our AGM.
Please note - while .au membership delivers a range of benefits, it does not provide members with special access to register or license a domain name. To register a domain name please contact one of auDA's accredited registrars.
Who can be a .au member?
Anybody who is eligible to hold any .au domain name is eligible to be a .au member. See the current eligibility criteria for the open namespaces here.
If you’re applying as an individual you must be
- 18 years or older, and
- Eligible to hold a .au domain
.au Membership is covered by Schedule 1 of the auDA constitution.
You’re a .au member – what next?
After you complete the online registration form, you’ll receive an email from auDA confirming the success of your .au membership, then you can start making the most of your membership.
You’ll receive regular updates from auDA and be kept informed on any newsworthy items relating to the .au domain as well as global updates.
If you have any questions or need to update your details, simply send your requests through the general enquiry form.