The WHOIS service allows you to query a domain name to find the identity and contact details of the registrant. The public WHOIS service is a standard feature of domain name systems around the world.
Identity Digital, the .au registry operator, operates the public WHOIS service for asn.au, com.au, edu.au, gov.au, id.au, net.au and org.au.
WHOIS provides the following information:
- registrar of record for the domain name
- registrant of the domain name
- registrant contact name and email address
- technical contact name and email address
- computers for the domain name.
The service will also respond on port-43 of whois.auda.org.au using the WHOIS protocol (RFC 3912 https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3912 ).
WHOIS does not provide the following information:
- creation or expiry dates for the domain name
- registrant telephone, facsimile or postal address
Category: Managing your .au domain name