auDA is a for-purpose organisation that operates the .au domain as a stable, secure, and reliable part of Australia’s suite of critical infrastructure. We work with a range of stakeholders including industry, government and the Australian and international community to develop and administer domain name policies in the .au country code.
We administer the .au for the benefit of all Australians and strive to unlock social and economic value for Australians through an open, free, secure and global internet.
How auDA values its members
.au members are critical stakeholders for auDA, providing helpful insights into the way in which Australians use the internet, enhancing auDA’s understanding of Australians’ online needs and providing input to auDA policies and strategy. We are committed to ensuring our membership is representative of the Australian community who use the internet, and seek to engage those who support the .au domain and auDA’s vision to unlock social and economic value for Australians through an open, free, secure and global internet.
How auDA and .au members work together
We encourage our members to:
- Support auDA and the .au member community through active engagement, participation, and contribution including attendance at auDA events, webinars, workshops and Annual General Meetings, voting for auDA Elected Director positions and participation in consultations on .au domain policies and other initiatives.
- Ensure their contact details are up to date, so that we can share auDA and industry news with you and invite you to participate in auDA events and consultations as they arise.
- Support the .au and auDA’s vision to unlock social and economic value for Australians through an open, free, secure, and global internet.
What you can expect from auDA
- Respectful engagement
- Regular invitations to .au member events
- The opportunity to provide input and feedback on auDA consultations such as feedback on the member program or any proposed changes relating to the .au domain.
- Regular updates on news relevant to the Australian and global domain name and internet sectors.