What is a .au member?
A .au member is a member of .au Domain Administration Ltd (auDA).
auDA is a for-purpose organisation that works with a range of stakeholders including industry, government and the Australian and international community to develop and administer the rules for domains in the .au country code Top Level Domain (ccTLD).
The .au is part of Australia's critical infrastructure and we have been endorsed by the Commonwealth Government to ensure it is a safe, accessible and trusted Australian public asset for all Internet users.
We also represent Australia's interests internationally and have an agreement with the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) - the international body covering ccTLDs.
Why become a .au member?
The .au is for all Australians and therefore it's important we get input from a diverse range of stakeholders on how this important digital environment operates.
With your support and input, auDA will continue to provide independent management of the .au and keep it a secure, accessible, trusted and Australian asset for all Internet users.
Exclusive member benefits
- A voice in the future of the .au name space
- Invitations to business and industry networking events featuring industry leaders and stakeholders
- Special offers from auDA affiliate partners
- Regular updates on industry research, trends and new developments in Australia’s digital landscape via our member newsletter
- Early updates on auDA initiatives including the launch of new namespaces and the auDA Community Grant program.
- The opportunity to participate in auDA board elections and vote on important matters at our AGM.
Please note - while .au membership delivers a range of benefits, it does not provide members with special access to register or license a domain name. To register a domain name please contact one of auDA's accredited registrars.