Whether you use the Internet for work or play, there’s never been a better time to become a .au member. We’ve listened to our members, and we’re delivering a refreshed membership program in 2022 that better meets their needs. We've also changed our name!
For those who are new to auDA, we’re the administrator of the .au domain. It’s our role to keep the .au domain a secure, accessible and trusted Australian asset for Internet users. To achieve this, we want your input as we continue to administer a trusted .au for the benefit of all Australians.
What are the benefits of becoming a .au member?
When you join us as a member, you will have access to many member-only benefits. Benefits include:
- Events: Attend online and in-person events that feature some of the industry’s leading names and network with other .au members
- Be in the know: Receive our member newsletter with the latest updates on new auDA initiatives, such as the launch of new namespaces (i.e. .au direct) and the auDA Foundation Community Grants program
- Research: Early access to the latest research by auDA and our industry partners that highlight the latest digital trends and how we can help improve the benefits Australians obtain from the Internet (i.e. Digital Lives of Australians 2021)
- Resources: Gain access to a range of resources for best practice, such as fact sheets, videos and domain name tools
- Get involved: Contribute your unique voice to how the .au domain operates, vote in auDA Board elections and nominate yourself to take part in Advisory Committees
- Partner Benefits coming in 2022: Discounts on products and services from our partners
- Advocacy: Join us in advocating for an open, free, secure and global Internet that benefits all Australians.
How can I become a .au member?
If you’re eligible to hold a .au domain name, then you’re eligible to become a .au member. You can join as an individual or as a business. You can find more information about eligibility here.
Becoming a member is quick and easy. You simply need to complete the online registration form. We will review your application and confirm your successful application via email.
Once you’ve joined, you can start making the most of your membership.
Image: December 2021 Member Networking Event
The future of .au membership for 2022 and beyond
In 2022, our goal is to more actively engage with our members and diversify our membership base so that it reflects the Australian community.
We know to attract a broader community of members, we need to continue to update our membership offering. We will be rolling out new member benefits over coming months to achieve this goal.
At our recent member webinar Chief Executive Officer, Rosemary Sinclair AM, discussed the importance of a diverse membership base. Rosemary also outlined how auDA intends to achieve this.
“The launch of auDA’s new strategy presents a unique opportunity to review and refresh our membership program. So late in 2021, we undertook our most extensive membership survey yet. We are leading the development of a world-class membership program that meets your needs and helps us to achieve our objectives,” said Rosemary.
We hope that you will join us so that you can enjoy the benefits on offer and help us contribute to the delivery of a trusted, secure .au that benefits all Australians.
How can I contact the membership team?
If you have any questions about the .au membership or the registration process, please feel free to contact our membership team by emailing them at: email@example.com.