In 2023 auDA conducted a registry tender process to select a provider to provide .au registry services.
.au Domain Administration (auDA) has reappointed Identity Digital Australia Pty Ltd (formerly Afilias Australia Pty Ltd) as its registry operator for the .au domain, and to support Australia’s critical domain name system.
The term of the new registry services agreement will commence on 1 July 2024.
The .au registry operator supports auDA in the administration and stable, secure and reliable operation of the .au domain.
In May 2023, auDA sought tenders from the global open market to appoint a .au registry operator to commence on 1 July 2024 for an initial term of four years.
Tenders closed on 26 June 2023, at which point tender evaluation was undertaken by an evaluation committee consisting of senior auDA staff and professionals external to auDA with technical, operational, financial, legal, registry and risk expertise. The tender process was also reviewed at all stages by an independent probity advisor.
The announcement of Identity Digital as the successful tender was made on 27 August 2023. See statement here.
The 2023 auDA registry RFT process is now complete. Key dates were:
- Issuance of RFT: 1 May 2023
- Industry Briefing: 9 May 2023 at 22:00 UTC (10 May 2023 at 08:00 AEST) and repeated on 10 May 2023 at 08:00 UTC (10 May 2023 at 18:00 AEST)
- Close of RFT: 26 June 2023 at 23:59:59 UTC (27 June 2023 at 09:59:59 AEST).
- auDA evaluation of Tenders: July-August 2023
- Announce tender outcome: 27 August 2023