auDA uses a variety of advisory panels, committees (standing and ad hoc), and other consultative groups to help it develop policies and practices that are appropriate for the Australian environment, and responsive to user needs.
These groups operate according to a few basic general principles:
- membership is voluntary (but auDA has discretion to provide financial assistance where required)
- members are appointed on the basis of their individual skills and experience, as well as the stakeholder interests they represent
- meeting minutes are published on the auDA website
- draft proposals and recommendations are released for public comment, before being submitted for auDA approval
- secretariat support is provided by auDA.
Note: We are in the process of adding the historical information from the policy panels and committees. Please check back soon.